When he was congressman last, he voted to impeach Bill Clinton for adultery. Mark Sanford had a millionaire heiress and financier as a wife. She was far more attractive than he. While governor he disappeared to Argentina to spend time with his girlfriend. Sanford completed his term of office. His girlfriend was with him last night. His wife had considered to run in the primary, and then declined.
Yesterday, he won the
Here is some of the smarm from the words of the Reprobate candidate, exactly there are so many of these pukes, it is hard to know which one said which interchangeable statement, but these are from Mark Sanford:
- "It's been a very long journey. And in that journey I am humbled to find ourselves where we find ourselves tonight,"
- "I want to thank my God. I used to cringe when somebody would say, `I want to thank my God' because at that point I would think this is getting uncomfortable. But once you really receive God's grace and (have) seen it reflected in others you stop and acknowledge that grace and the difference He has made in my life and in so many lives across this state and across this nation."
- "I look forward to a vigorous campaign that focuses on creating jobs, balancing our country's budget and choosing an independent-minded leader who shares the values of the great people of South Carolina."
- "I'm both humbled and grateful for the response of the voters here tonight,"
- "Not since Jesus Christ was here has there been a perfect man or woman."
- "here is your chance for you to learn, not only from your experience in Congress and the governorship, but more significantly what you learned both on the way up and the way down and apply it to what is arguably one of the great conundrums of our civilization, which is how do we get our financial house in order."
Postscriptum, election night 7 May 2013: Sanford declared winner. As the sensible world understands the term 'disgraced', there maybe no way that a Republican is ever disgraced amongst Republicans for doing things that would disgrace normal people. Apparently, in a Republican (cracker alert) area, hypocrisy is not a bad thing. For such people, scum is better than a Democrat. Another reason for northerners to look down upon southerners. Before the evening is over, with 100% of vote counted, Democrat Elizabeth Colbert Busch 64,413 votes 45.2%, Reprobate 77,251 votes 54.3%. South Carolina remains unreconstructed. Lincoln is the only Republican who could have lost.
Postscriptum 12 May 2013: "I remind all you conservative Christians celebrating Mark Sanford's win that Leviticus commands you to stone adulterers." - John Fugelsang