Tuesday, January 8, 2013

who you meet in church

 Our Lady of Good Counsel. Cleveland, O.
I tend to notice, that, which most do not realise they see. Even stuff they have seen again, and again, for years.  I came to Mass and sat down. I looked around, and the first thing i saw was the donor recognition on a window.  I laughed to myself. Oscar Mayer was a Chicago butcher that went national. There are several variations on the spelling of Meier. Perhaps, only Schmidt und Müller are more common German surnames.
 Our Lady of Angels. Cleveland, O.
Arthur McBride is a song set on Christmas morning in Ireland during the Napoleonic era.  It is a song against recruitment into the British army. 
Oh, me and my cousin, one Arthur McBride,
As we went a-walkin' down by the seaside,
Mark now what followed and what did betide,
For it bein' on Christmas mornin'
...
Saint Patrick. Ohio City. Cleveland, O.
Certainly, finding John Kennedy's name in a church somewhere in America is not difficult.
 Saint Philomena. East Cleveland, O.

No comments:

Post a Comment