1940-1976 Coast Guard Station Cleveland Ohio
replaced Cleveland Lifeboat Station 1875-1940Accessed from land by a pier the station is on the west side of the Cuyahoga. During a build up era some thirty years ago, the industrial and warehouse Flats was churning out saloons for overpriced night life. For a short time (1984) a saloon was there on the station. In 2009, the City of Cleveland had a new roof installed. Cleveland was thinking of another museum.
Postscriptum: For the summer, the adjacent pier is open. It has become a part of Whiskey Island's Wendy Park.
__________________________________________postscriptum 2016: Cleveland Metroparks is rehabilitating the building