Thursday, January 21, 2010

Singing on the steps of the cathedral

Some of those opposed to the episcopal tyrant of Lennongrad are finding hints of Providence from their embrace of Divine Mercy. Yesterday, at the late afternoon Liturgy, the Old Testament reading was that of the encounter of David and Goliath.
Saul said to David: “You cannot go up against this Philistine and fight with him, for you are only a youth, while he has been a warrior from his youth.” and finally, "...David overcame the Philistine..." -- NAB
The response to the day's psalm was, "Blessed be the Lord, my Rock!"

After mass the small group of communicants, who stand against the lennonist five year programme, sang and prayed on the steps of the cathedral, in front of the south door of the portico. They prayed from the chaplet of Divine Mercy, they prayed the prayer of St. Michael the Archangel. They sang, How can I keep from singing, which has the line, "No storm can shake my inmost calm, While to that rock I’m clinging."

1 comment:

  1. You are not writing only for yourself. You make me think, and sometimes offer up a prayer. I found hope in today's reading. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete