Sunday, March 20, 2016

See you in Cleveland

When the demonic clown car of Republican candidates was bursting, i saw some note of British bookies with odds on Romney as the nominee. Recently, Romney has become the leader of the stop Trump movement. Now, there is the 'white horse prophecy' in Mormon lore, which has the country (or Constitution) 'hanging by a thread' and is saved by a Mormon hero. Perhaps this was in people's minds in the last election, but maybe it is in Romney's mind now; whether it will be Romney as the nominee, or Romney as the knight that slays the Donald.

The Donald in his 'shtick' has doubted other candidates' religion*:
  • "I love Iowa. And, look, I don't have to say it, I'm Presbyterian. Can you believe it? Nobody believes I'm Presbyterian. I'm Presbyterian. I'm Presbyterian. I'm Presbyterian. Boy, that's down the middle of the road folks, in all fairness. I mean, Seventh-day Adventist, I don't know about. I just don't know about." Carson is a Seventh Day Adventist, and it is one of the major non-christian Protestant cults spawned in America.
  • "Just remember this -- you gotta remember, in all fairness, to the best of my knowledge, not too many evangelicals come out of Cuba, okay?" The normative religion of all Latin America is Catholicism. Protestant proselytism has been very successful. Cruz's father is a televangelist of a demented sort of restoration and dominion, wherein they are the only heirs of all that is in the world.
  • “I have many friends that live in Salt Lake. I have a lot of friends, I have a lot of friends. By the way, Mitt Romney is not one of them. Did he choke? Did this guy choke? He’s a choke artist, I can’t believe. Are you sure he’s a Mormon? Are we sure?” Saying this in Mormon country is not advantageous, and a gentile attacking a king Mormon over his authenticity as a Mormon is ridiculous.

Trump is way ahead, and has always been ahead of this pack. He realises there is a 'stop Trump' movement, but it is too little and too late. To have been effective it would have had to started immediately and go full bore, as the way Miss McConnell did to Ashley Judd. McConnell did not wait for Scalia's corpse to get cold, before he began sabotaging Obama over the Supreme Court. The Republicans began their sabotaging of Obama's presidency the day after his initial election.

"I think we’ll win before getting to the convention, but I can tell you, if we didn’t and if we’re 20 votes short or if we’re, you know, 100 short and we’re at 1,100 and somebody else is at 500 or 400, because we’re way ahead of everybody, I don’t think you can say that we don’t get it automatically. I think you would have riots. I think you would have riots. … I think you would see problems like you’ve never seen before. I think bad things would happen. I really do. I wouldn’t lead it, but I think bad things would happen."

Trump is highly reactive. He will not allow a feint go unchallenged. He will have the last word. He has used the old mafioso protectionist trick of using a possible prediction of misfortune for a threat. He just did not sell it as his usual product,"These riots will be yuuuuuge. They will be the best riots ever."

Hey, most of Trump's ideas, protocol, plans, and arguments are the typical brand of Republican fascism we have had for years. It is just not boilerplate. It is delivered in Trump's style. It is seen as crass, or too self-evident by the powers that be.

The last gambit of the establishment is a brokered convention. But the convention in Cleveland will take the line from Shakespeare's Tempest, “Hell is empty and all the devils are here”.

John (Jeb) Bush February 20, 2016
Ben Carson March 2, 2016
Chris Christie February 10, 2016
☐ Rafael (Ted) Cruz
Carly Fiorina (née Cara Carleton Sneed) February 10, 2016

☒ Jim Gilmore February 12, 2016
Lindsey Graham December 21, 2015
Mike Huckabee February 1, 2016
Piyush (Bobby) Jindal November 17, 2015

☐ John Kasich

☒ George Pataki December 29, 2015
Rand(al) Paul February 3, 2016
Rick Perry  September 11, 2015 oops
Marco Rubio March 15, 2015
Rick Santorum February 3, 2016

☐ Donald Trump
Scott Walker  September 21, 2015

☐ Willard (Mitt) Romney
========================

Lincoln Chafee  October 23, 2015

☐ Hillary Clinton
Lawrence Lessig  November 2, 2015
Martin O'Malley February 1, 2016
☐ Bernie Sanders
Jim Webb  October 20, 2015 

______________________________________
* the candidate that speaks most like a Christian is Bernie Sanders, “the solution is compassion not hatred. Good public policy, not bigotry.”
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeNH1MRIHps

No comments:

Post a Comment