Friday, September 4, 2015

update on clown ignorance of American democracy

We all know that Republicans care more for the success of their party, than for the United States of America. And they can do without democratic processes.

On September 3rd, Donald Trump signed a loyalty oath to the Republican Party under Reince Priebus (the name of the party chairman). For a presidential nomination, this may be a first. Under the red scare, all sorts of people had to sign one. Many businesses make their employees sign one. At this level (in this country) it is an insult to freedom of conscience, and free politics; but again this party is not a democratic one.
“I [name] affirm that if I do not win the 2016 Republican nomination for president of the United States I will endorse the 2016 Republican presidential nominee regardless of who it is. I further pledge that I will not seek to run as an independent or write-in candidate nor will I seek or accept the nomination for president of any other party.”
 Another sort of anti-democratic speech was made by John Kasich on August 19th:
I’ll tell you what the unions do, unfortunately too much of the time. There’s a constant negative comment, ‘They’re going to take your benefits, they’re going to take your pay. So if I were, not president, but if I were king in America, I would abolish all teachers' lounges.
Kasich attacked the unions immediately upon gaining office, and he had to retreat (see). If he had not had such a poor opponent in his second gubernatorial election, he may very well have lost.If I were king in America is not a democratic, or patriotic statement. This country was born in a dispute to remove itself under the authority of a king. History is not a subject which Republicans do well in. Teachers shall be treated as slaves without any First Amendment rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment